- Computer Terminology
- Tips and Tutorials
- ADSL (Broadband) Internet
- Seniors Websites
- ComputerHope.com – Computer dictionary and glossary.
- WhatIs.com – Terms related to personal computers.
- TechTerms.com – Dictionary of computer and technology terms.
- PC.net – Definitions of computer and internet terms.
Tips and Tutorials
- Windows Basics – designed to introduce the beginner computer user to personal computing and the Windows operating system.
- Microsoft Office Help and How-to
- Getting Started with Office 2007 – Microsoft Office 2007 Support
- Getting Started with Office 2010 – Microsoft Office 2010 Support
- Microsoft Office Support Forums
- Keyboard shortcuts for Windows
- Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts
- Top Windows Tutorials
- Seven Forums – helping you find solutions with any problems, errors or issues you are experiencing with Windows 7.
- ComputerHope – computer and internet tips and information.
- How-to Geek – How-To articles, with content easy enough for beginners but useful enough for geeks as well.
- WPS Office for Windows-Help and How-to
ADSL (Broadband) Internet
- Whirlpool Broadband Choice – comprehensive information on Internet Service Providers and plans.
- Whirlpool Forums – ISP and technology discussion forum.
- Speedtest.net – check your internet speed.
- ADSL2exchanges – find out what broadband options plans are available to you, your distance to the exchange and estimated maximum speed.
- TIO – Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.
- Stay Smart Online – Australian Government’s cybersecurity website, providing information on how to protect personal and financial information online.
- Hoax-Slayer – Debunking email hoaxes and exposing Internet scams since 2003.
- virustotal – free virus, malware and URL online scanning service.
- AV-Comparatives – independent comparison of anti-virus software.
- AV-Test – independent comparison of anti-virus software.
- matousec – independent security software testing.
- How to recognize phishing email messages (Microsoft)
- Phishing: Frequently asked questions (Microsoft)
- Messages asking for personal information (Google)
- SCAMwatch (ACCC)
- Gizmo’s Freeware – reviews and comparisons of the best freeware programs, plus tech tips and forums.
- Best Windows Software – list of the best Windows software from ‘MakeUseOf’.
- AlternativeTo – find alternative software, based on user recommendations.
- KeePass – free password manager, 256-bit encryption.
- LastPass – free password manager, 256-bit encryption.
- 1Password – another popular password manager, multi-platform, not free.
- RoboForm – another popular password manager, multi-platform, not free.
- Norton Identity Safe – multi-platform, free.
- NSW Seniors Week – an annual NSW Government campaign presented by Ageing Disability and Home Care (ADHC). The dates for 2013 NSW Seniors Week are 17 – 24 March, 2013.
- Broadband for Seniors – funded by the Australian Government to provide senior Australians with access to computers, Internet and basic training to help build their confidence in using new technology.
- seniors.gov.au – Australian Government’s premier source of information for seniors
- NSW Seniors Card – find information, access special offers, update membership details and easily locate discounts.
- YOURLifeChoices (formerly About Seniors) – independent, up-to-date information for those approaching retirement, in retirement and their families.
- National Seniors Australia – Australia’s largest organisation representing those aged 50 years and over.
- Older People Speak Out (OPSO) – an all-volunteer group of retired and semi-retired professionals who advocate on behalf of Seniors.
- Australian Seniors Computer Clubs Association (ASCCA) – the national peak body for seniors and technology.