The Genealogy group was formed by SHCUG members with an interest in family history.
The group’s aims are:
- to assist SHCUG members researching their family history including
- effectively using genealogy websites,
- documenting research findings using word processing or genealogy software.
- to share information, achievements and research tricks and tips.
- to hear from experts involved in researching the past.
Meetings are usually informal gatherings. We may examine new websites related to genealogy or how to extract information from websites, demonstrate new software, or discuss any problems or questions that may arise.
The Genealogy group meets on the 1st Tuesday of the month, 10:00 am – 12:00 noon.
SHCUG Education Centre, Unit 5 & 6 HarbisonCare, 2 Charlotte Street, Burradoo.
Co-ordinator: Maxine Gray.